Friday 7 October 2011

Let Them Eat Cake!

Hi, Peace and Blessings to You All!

This is my first blog entry and I would like to dedicate it to a friend of mine, Hafsah who has inspired me through her creativity to embark upon a new journey of my own. I always enjoyed expressing myself through writing and though I am not the best of writers I hope to share my life with you all through my ever so mediocre talent of photography and writing. 

I turned 22 today, well technically yesterday as its past 12 o'clock now (editing this page has taken me a few hours) Many of my friends asked how I celebrated the day? It can be quite a shock to many people and although the birthday wishes were very sweet from my friends, (thank you all) I don't really make a big deal about my birthday. It was just another day for me. If anything it was time for me to reflect on the previous year and what I did when I was 21. That sounds so weird, I miss being 21 already :( It has definitely been an interesting and eventful year, one of the best, Alhamdulillah. I just wish I started this blog earlier. I finally bought myself a Nikon DSLR last month (I named him Jacob =p) and thought this was the best time for me to start documenting my life because if nobody else reads this, it will always be something special to me Insha’Allah. 

Oh and I spent the day with my brother, sister in law and beautiful niece Masha’Allah. Not a slice of cake in sight! ;)



Also, Hafsah dedicated a Polyvore collage to me today and I absolutely loved it. The title of this caption is "Beauty behind the Brush". After reading this I did think of naming my blog "Beauty behind the Lens" but I think that would be more suited for my girl Hafsah, for she truly is beautiful Masha’Allah Tabarak’Allah. Love You Habibati x




I hope to benefit others and more than anything, myself through this journey. I leave you with a quote;

"I believe that life is a journey, often difficult and sometimes incredibly cruel, but we are well equipped for it if only we tap into our talents and gifts and allow them to blossom."- Les Brown 

Peace & Love,

Akeedah x


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Akeedah! Thank you for the sweet dedication! I am truly honoured to be mentioned on your first post, such a compliment! I love the picture of your niece, what a beauty mashallah! So looking forward to checking this awesome blog! Keep it up mate, Hafsah xxx

    ReplyDelete